Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Retreival Day!

Today was my retreival day, we arrived at the RE's office bright and early at 7am. My husband gave his sample and it was good so no TESE for him! So we waited there was one other woman there for her retreival too, so at about 8:30am they called me back I put my gown, booties, and bonnet on and waited and waited, did I say I waited? I sat and waited as the woman before me, husband was having a TESE done, then about 45 minutes later she went back when she was done it was then my turn. I was given some great medicine, wow they should bottle that for over the counter sales!! Once it was all over I was back in recovery and getting dressed at about 10:45am. Oh yeah they retreived 9 eggs, I thought that I would have more since the lady before me had 16 retreived and she was 42, WOW! But I am happy because like they said it is not how many it is the quality of the eggs. So I am keeping my fingers crossed that they are all of the Grade A quality!!
I got home at about 1:00pm and layed down until 3 or so. I dont have too much pain just kinda achey like I have been punched in the guts! No real bleeding which is good, so I am now waiting to hear from them tomorrow to find out how they fertilized.
I do love my husband, he sat so patiently and waited for me this morning and he is so anxious and worried that his sperm wont do what they need too. He is so great, he wants this so bad he cant stand himself. I do love you Mr. B!
The office I go to does three day transfers so hopefully they will be putting my beautiful little pre-babies in on Sunday, I pray that at least one sticks, for me and especially for Mr. B.
My dear friend S from work I tried to call you must not have felt well this am, hope your father is feeling better and he has not passed his sickness on to you, if you read this at this point I am not sure my status for work tomorrow. I am playing it by ear! Feel better and talk to you soon!
Leigh I am so excited for your 6 eggs I am praying they will be growing babies soon! Glad to hear all went well for you, keep that tape from your hand for your baby book!
Christi I will be waiting to hear how your appt goes, I am hoping you will be starting your stim meds and on the way to your retreival too.
Well I have talked and talked but I will post my fertilization status tomorrow, I have my fingers crossed for all of us. Hope we will be barfing by Halloween as Leigh said!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL news! You and your husband are both lucky and great partners to each other. I haven't run out of good vibes, so I'm still sending 'em your way for fertilization. I'll be waiting impatiently to hear how things develop. GOOD LUCK!

Marcia (123 blog) said...

Well done! Am praying like crazy at this point!